Welcome and thank you for using Lightspark!
Lightspark’s mission is to give agency and information to homeowners to help them take control of their home comfort and energy costs.
Lightspark Software Inc. (“Lightspark, We, Our”) offers consumers, trade contractors and energy advisors a service to accelerate the understanding to execute home improvements aimed at reducing carbon and energy, and improving the overall comfort of a dwelling. Lightspark owns and operates the websites located at www.lightspark.ca, calgary.lightspark.ca, edmonton.lightspark.ca and www.lightspark.energy (“websites”).
At Lightspark, our mission is your mission. Our customers’ trust and partnership are very important to us. With our privacy statement, our goal is to provide clarity around how we use your information.
As you use and interact with our websites, products, and services, we process information from and about you in order to provide access to our tools, an enhanced experience, and support. That means that we collect, use, transmit, store, share, and erase your information.
This Privacy Statement describes how we process your information and explains the choices available to you with respect to your information. If you have any questions or concerns about how Asana processes your information or about this Privacy Statement, you can email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION ABOUT BUILDINGS
The Lightspark Service is designed to help users estimate their home energy and carbon score, their energy costs and to help them improve their home’s energy use it in the future. The Service is a tool designed to help users, but should not be relied upon on its own. All estimates, data, text, scores (including the Lightspark Home Energy Score), recommendations and other information made available through the Service (“Content”) is provided based on the information available to Lightspark from third party sources, and certain other assumptions that Lightspark may make based on such information. Although Lightspark uses commercially reasonable endeavours to obtain the best and most current information available, Lightspark cannot guarantee the accuracy of such information or assumptions, and such information is always subject to change. This information is specific to buildings and is not personal information, and accordingly is not governed by this policy. However, if you either (i) do not wish us to make available any information regarding a building that you own or reside at; or (ii) wish to update the information that we make available regarding such building, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us. We collect the information you provide to us directly when you use the Services, including when you:
- Register an account.
- Contact information such as your name, e-mail address, street address, and phone number;
- Demographic information such as year of birth, gender, general location such as city or state;
- Professional Information such as job title, industry, and education; and
- Payment information such as your credit card number (processed by our third-party payment processor) and expiration date, where appropriate to process a financial transaction you have requested.
- Submit information to the Services.
- Contact Us or Provide Feedback.
- Contact information such as your name, e-mail address, street address, and phone number;
- Comments, requests, and questions you submit through customer service interactions with us; and
- Survey responses from My Home Survey.
Automatically Collected Information. We automatically collect certain information about your use of the Services or your device. For example, we may collect:
- Device information such as hardware model, IP address, device identifiers, operating system, browser type and settings (like language and available font settings) and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
- Usage information such as the Services you use, the time and duration of your use, and other information about your interaction with content, such as the articles you read and how you interact with our emails.
- Location information such as general location derived from your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s GPS signal, or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted when you use certain Services.
Information From Third-Party Sources. We may receive online or offline information about you from other sources, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. For example, we receive information from:
- Other Users, including your contact information if they provide you a gift subscription.
- Publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, including contact information, demographic and professional data, and interests.
- Social Media Services, if you interact with us through a social media service or log in using social media credentials. Depending on your social media settings, we may have access to your information from that service, such as your name, email address, friend or followers/following list, profile and demographic information, current city, comments about or reactions to our Services, and the people/sites you follow.
- Data analytics providers and advertising partners, including usage information, and information about your activity and transactions on other websites or platforms or with other companies.
Other Information We Collect. We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information but doing so may affect your ability to use some of the Services.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use your information:
To Provide and Manage the Services, including to:
- provide account access, process your registrations and subscriptions, send you electronic newsletters, and/or enable you to participate in the features (such as commenting) provided by the Services;
- facilitate your interactions with Third Party Applications (as defined in our End User Terms ) at your request
- complete your payments and transactions;
- provide customer service;
- understand and resolve technical issues, app crashes and other issues being reported;
To Contact You. We may periodically contact you with Services-related updates, new features you are entitled to access, legal information, customer service communications, newsletters and alerts (where applicable, based on your registrations and preferences), surveys, offers, promotions, and other information that may be of interest to you.
To Better Understand Our Users and Improve our Services. We analyze our users’ interactions with the Services along with demographics, interests, and other information to better understand and serve our users and to improve our Services.
To Deliver and Measure Advertising, Including Personalized Advertising. We and third parties may use your information to deliver you ads, promotions, and offers that may be personalized to you, and to measure the placement, frequency, efficacy, and compliance of advertising and ad impressions (including contextual and targeted ads). The ads are for us and third-party advertisers and appear both on and off the Services.
We may also use other information we have collected about you, such as demographic and personal information (e.g., e-mail address) for purposes related to advertising, including personalized advertising.
To Protect the Rights of the Services and Others. We may use your information that we, in good faith, believe is necessary or appropriate to secure, protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, its employees or agents, or other users, and to comply with applicable law and legal process.
With Consent. We may otherwise use your information with your consent or at your direction.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share your information with:
- Affiliates within our family of affiliated companies.
- Service Providers that provide services on our behalf, such as hosting vendors, advertising service providers, list managers and payment processors.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or As Necessary to Protect Our Users and Services including as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, our employees or agents or users, or to comply with applicable law or legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities.
- Third Parties that Provide Analytics, Content, Advertising, or Functionality. Third parties may collect or receive certain information about you and/or your use of the Services to provide content, ads (including personalized ads), or functionality, or to measure and analyze ad performance, on our Services or other websites or platforms.
- We may share or allow third parties to collect device information (e.g., browser type, IP address, or device ID), usage information, or click information obtained through cookies or other tracking technologies. Some of this information may be combined with information collected across different websites, online services, and other linked or associated devices. We try to limit how our third parties can use the information they gather from you or that we provide. However, some advertising and analytics vendors combine information they gather about you through our Services with information they receive from others in order to target ads to you across other services and to improve their own services.
- We may also share information, including personal information about you (e.g., e-mail address) in hashed or other obscured format, for advertising purposes, including personalized advertising, either on our Services or for our products on other websites or platforms. Recipients are prohibited from using this personal information for their own purposes.
- Other Parties in Connection with a Corporate Transaction. We may share information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization, or in contemplation of or due diligence related to such a corporate transaction.
- Otherwise With Your Consent or At Your Direction. We may also share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
We also may share other information with third parties in a manner that does not identify particular users, including, for example, aggregated data about how users are using our Services.
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS
We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff, third parties and sub-contractors as reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you. You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your Services account information or password to third parties.
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org